Friday, October 30, 2009

Brrr!

Well, the storm has finally moved past us, leaving us with drifts of snow that are taller than Hunter. It's freezing outside, icy, and is just plain miserable in my opinion. Chase is back at work, and Hunter and I are back to the same ole stuff...cartoons, Oot Ooops (Fruit Loops), and lots of blankets.

We have errands to run this morning to get ready for Hunter's THIRD birthday! We're so excited, but totally not excited about having to go out in this miserable coldness. I've debated ways of putting it off until tomorrow, and might just do that. It's so miserable outside. We will need to venture out this afternoon to go to RE/MAX and let Hunter Trick or Treat with Chase's coworkers.

I'm reminded that three years ago today, I went to my final OB appointment. It was a Monday...Chase had the day off of work. That morning, we took the car seat to the Franktown Firehouse to get it installed in Chase's car. We still had 2 weeks to go. We went to the appointment, and Dr. Vargas announced we needed to get Hunter movin'. She wanted us to come back that night to the hospital to get induced. We went and saw a movie...something about a magic show. The Illusionist? I didn't pay attention the entire time. We rushed back home, ate a quick dinner (I had chicken raman noodles), finished packing our bags, and headed out. I was nervous, and excited, and was already exhausted from a long day.

They induced me at 8PM. We were highly anticipating and waiting on our Halloween baby. Hunter was going to share a birthday with my nephew, Chayse. I was in a lot of pain that night - back pain mostly, and slept on and off, but never deeply and woke up just as tired. When Dr. Vargas finally came to check on me in the morning, we discovered I hadn't dialted at all. I was of course suffering through contractions at that point in time, but, evidently, they weren't doing anything.

After an entire day of trials to try and get me to start dialating, we figured out we weren't going to have a Halloween baby.

Wednesday morning at 3AM, the pain was finally lifted when I got an epidural. Thank goodness for medicine!

We spent another long day Wednesday doing nothing. My body was also doing nothing. By Wednesday evening, I was dilated to 3, and a nurse manually dilated me 2 of those 3 (yes, you read that right...manually...it was totally uncomfortable). The pitocin was spiked so high I was starting to get a bit fuzzy. My heart rate increasted, my blood pressure increased, and like Mother like son, so did Hunter's. Chase made an executive decision then (with Dr. Vargas's help) that we were going to have a C-Section. at 5:34PM, on November 1st, Hunter was finally born.

That's enough of that for today!

I'm going to go get dressed, and then perhaps I'll feel motivated to go outside. Probably not.

0 Comments: