Friday, July 25, 2008

Punk kids

I think I knew from 2:00PM when Hunter got up from his nap that we weren't going to have a good night! We had plans for dinner with Al and Brandi at 6:00, which is about Hunter's time to start getting grumpy. So, I guess we shouldn't expect any less than for Holly to be right ;). Hunter was definitely a grump at dinner -- he didn't let Opa hold him, and was only impressed by Oma because she let him see her camera, which he for some reason knew exactly what to do with! Oh well -- we left the restaurant with every intention of going home, putting Hunter to bed, and having a nice quiet evening on the couch. We had a minor delay.

We were at Parker and Orchard when some punk kid didn't pay attention to the fact we (and everyone surrounding us) were braking. He tapped us once, and honestly, I didn't even know! I thought my car had stalled or something...well, we kinda jumped and Chase hit the brakes (purposefully) and he hit us again a bit harder. That time I knew we were hit! So, we got out of traffic and Chase went to survey the damage and get the information while I called Progressive (thanks Kim for the number!!!). It was really no big deal -- the damage was a lot less than I envisioned it to be during the 15 minutes I sat in the car avoiding looking at my rear bumper. It's just a little scratched, no biggie, but it will be fixed! And maybe I'll get a cool rental?

The poor kid was 18, just got his license and car -- still had a temp. tag on the car. I don't feel bad for him, cuz obviously he wasn't paying attention, but...yea. His insurance rates are going to skyrocket, and for that I feel a little bad. TINY bit. Okay, no, not really...his fault. Stupid punk.

In other news, Hunter has not had a fever since Wednesday, but he's a punk kid too! :)

0 Comments: