Thursday, July 17, 2008

Us? Blogging? No Way!

So...this is weird. I haven't blogged in a really long time. In fact, I probably shouldn't be doing this tonight -- it's past my bedtime! In all reality, like the Trace Adkins song, I know that someday, I'm going to miss this...

"You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this"

Today, I don't know that I will ever miss it! It seems as if everything has come so quickly lately. I just want life to slow down for a few moments and let us enjoy the little things, instead of planning and preparing for the big things!

We've been in our new house for almost three weeks now! It's coming together quite nicely, and we're pretty happy with our first home. I miss my mom's cooking though!!!! We had pizza tonight...(again...about the 8th time since we moved in...)

We (and by we, I mean I...) did the unthinkable and got a puppy four days after moving in! Miley is adorable, very well behaved, and a welcome addition to our family...however...she is also a 10 week old Labrador puppy who enjoys chewing, needs to go to the bathroom approximately every 12 minutes, and likes to climb on the tables...In other words, she needs constant supervision and I'm reminded of why we decided to wait a few more years to try for another baby! Maybe by then our family will seem more settled...probably not! So, you can stop asking when we're having another one. We're. Not. For. A. Long. Time.

Jetta is Jetta. A slight annoyance at times, but for the most part, independent and lazy -- sleeping the days away on the couch or Mom and Dad's bed, and trying desperately to avoid his new little sister! If the door opens though, he is there, tennis ball in mouth, ready to go!

Hunter is a crazy kid. Every day he reminds me more and more of what Janet tells me Chase was like. Crazy! He wants to climb tables, sit IN the fireplace, and generally get into the 3 things he's not allowed to (kitchen cabinet, dog food, bathroom.) Anything else, is fair game, but that's not what he wants! He is a regular Houdini, constantly working on how to escape from his high chair or car seat. I'm rather surprised he has not tried to climb out of his crib, but he generally loves going to sleep! It's amazing how much he understands us, although he's not ready to communicate back in any logical sense. Screaming and pointing has gotten him what he has wanted thus far in life, so why change what's obviously not broken!

The wedding plans are underway. I think that since now we have a place, and a date, and those two important things are out of the way, I can relax. The wedding website is fun, and not so much stress, so I won't bother thinking about the hundreds of other details weddings consist of. Instead, I'll enjoy my summer of weddings...I think by the time winter rolls around we will be 10 weddings or something ridiculous like that . I'll worry about ours later! Except the dress...I could handle shopping now :).

My days sometimes seem long as a stay-at-home Mom and I sometimes wonder what going back to work would be like....what dropping Hunter off at day care and putting the puppies in their kennels for 8 hour shifts and enjoying some adult conversation and a more important task then cleaning puppy pee off the hardwoods...Then I look Hunter...and Jetta...and Miley...my three babies and I know I'm right where I'm suppose to be...sippy cup in hand, poop bag in the other, with frazzled hair and an even more frazzled mind. Life is good. It'd be better if Mom brought us dinner *hint hint* but it's good right now!

Well then. I suppose that is a good start to this blog. A simple update should keep you all satisfied for awhile!

1 Comment:

Heather said...

Hey Holly! I see you found my blog... :) Congrats on the new house!