Monday, September 22, 2008

Could you repeat yourself? You couldn't possibly want me to cook for 60 people...

Quick update before I go settle in and watch me some OTH and The Hills.


Job Interview #1 today went very well. I'm fairly confident she will extend the position to me, and I am fairly confident I will accept. It's a nanny position on Wednesday afternoons and Friday mornings to a 2.5 year old little boy named Henry. He has great toys, and lives in a great neighborhood, and I think him, Hunter and I would have great fun together! And they are willing to pay me quite a bit, including a Christmas bonus when I won't be working over the holidays. 

Job Interview #2 today is where my subject line comes from. The interview was for a night/weekend job for an apartment community in Highlands Ranch looking for an event planner. Easy work right? Not when they want you to personally cook for 40-60 people every weekend...my reaction was essentially "you want me to do what now???" I couldn't believe it. Crazy people. I'm not a chef...I can plan an event...I can PLAN an event, like your ad asked for...but I'm certainly not cooking for one every weekend by myself. Crazy people.

Keep your fingers crossed again on Wednesday morning as I have the interview for the position I REALLY want to accept (on top of the nannying). It will require me to do some schooling, and I'm actually sort of excited about that prospect, and in the end I will be able to work my own hours, and from home if I choose too. 

My fingers are crossed...are yours?



1 Comment:

Heather said...

Oh c'mon Holly--You and I both know that it's your deepest, most intense secret wish to cook for large groups of people on a regular basis.

All jokes aside, thanks for leaving me that story in my comments. It actually did make me feel a little better.