Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day Quatro!

What a day! We got up early this morning to go ATV'ing. I was super worried as it was really pouring when we left...the skies looked just as they did yesterday, and ATVing through the rain and mud didn't sound appealing to me. Luckily, as we drove 1/2 an hour (like maniacs in the back of a bus type vehicle) the rain stopped, the sun came out and by the time we actually left on ATVs we were hot!

We rode for 2 or so hours through the jungle of the Dominican. It was very green, very muddy, and very fun! We looked liked swamp monsters by the end though! Half way through, we stopped at a Dominican house and talked to the locals and saw how they lived. It was such an eye opener. They don't even have clothes lines...they just hang their clothes over the fences. They are all so nice and welcoming though...it really makes you think twice about the luxieries we have back home...

We got back, showered and got lunch at the buffet. Have I talked about the meals here?? Not only do you have dessert with every meal, but you have liike 10 different options for dessert. Today, I tried 3 of them and they were all fantastic! Yum!!

Last night, we had dinner at the Roma, an italian restraunt. It was a much better experience than the night before. The service was much better and the food was delicious! Then, we went to the "Spectacular Show" at the resort's theater. They did songs and dancing from different countries around the world - very cool! They did a 50's rock thing from America, and the Can Can and some song about America in Spanish that I couldn't understand, but Chase thinks it was about how they hate Americans, lol.

This afternoon, we went to the ocean for awhile, and then headed to the bar at the pool where we hung out for a few hours. Now, Chase is taking a nap and I'm trying to remedy my clogged ears which have now reduced my hearing to zilch. It sounds like I need rubbing alcohol and vinegar -- two things I didn't think I had a reason to bring to the DR...I'll head down to the gift store and see if I can drop $50 on them!

If you are expecting gifts...think again. It's not Mexico here! You can barter (with vendors, not shops), but it's still VERY expensive. We bought a painting, which the guy said he painted himself..but...we saw more of the same kind where we went ATV'ing today. Lol! Guess it's not an original...good thing we didn't pay his full price! We also bought Hunter's some maracas which Chase thinks I spent way too much on ($10). I'll probably get a tshirt before we're done...but, that will be it. Expensive!!

We have one full day left in which we are hoping to go sailing and snorkeling. Chase also wants to rock climb, but he'll be on his own for that one as I do not want to throw out my back!

It's still beautiful and wonderful, but I miss Hunter and am ready to come home! We'll see you soon!!!

0 Comments: