Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Success in the form of party hosting.

Is it Wednesday already? I hate "flying" time!

Our party was a success I would say. I think we had about 30 people, way too much food, and hidden lettuce, tomatos and limes!

Our first wave of people included my Mom and Dad, Al and Brandi, Janet, Kip, Sheila, Holly, Sean, Amy, Christian and Luke! Mom and Dad bought us a grill -- I think I already mentioned that before, but it worked wonderfully at grilling our BBQ food...when Dad was cooking. Chase has yet to master the grill, but, he will soon - I have high hopes! Al and Brandi brought us a SpotBot Pet, which I am SO excited about! Never again do I have to clean up pet messes -- I just pull this little thing out, fill it up, put it down and push the button! It does all the scrubbing for me -- so exciting! It did ruin our one cheap rug, but, it was pretty much ruined from the get-go thanks to Miss Miley. And that rug was only $25 - no big deal! Janet, Kip, Sheila, Holly and Sean brought us these three awesome lamps that we badly needed! We had NO light in our living room, but, finally, there is a lamp, which has what Mandy calls a bug light in it. ZAP! Amy brought us a cute cheese board that I will probably use as decoration since I rarely buy cheese I have to cut -- very cute though and will look nice on the wall by our table.

Next were Kim, Adam and Peyton followed close behind by Mark, Jeanette, Alex and Max. The party moved out front so the kiddos could play with the pool and sand table. Adam and Kim brought us these cool lights for our back porch -- I'm very excited to hang them up...and a humingbird feeder that has been up since Sunday night but seems to have attracted zero humingbirds. I will keep trying! Mark and Jeanette bought us some wine (yum) and a cool candle holder that goes on top of the wine bottle when it's empty. Very creative and unique...we just have to drink the wine! Mandy showed up next empty handed. Silly girl! No, I'm just kidding. She gave us our gift a few weeks ago --a cute "home" sign that I love.

Mike came with all the boys, and they settled in to play some PS2. Rose and Grantie showed up a little while later with a neato can opener that we needed. I think the manual is just fine, but Chase thinks we need to get with the times and get something a little more high tech. He was very excited! Shawna was next with this HUGE plant that I will probably kill. We'll see. :)

I think the last of everyone left around 7:30, leaving me with way too much food! Mandy stayed to help me clean up (thank you thank you thank you). We discovered 6 uncut tomatos and 2 heads of fresh lettuce in the fridge, along with 2 unsliced limes (for the Corona) next to the fridge. DUH Holly! We struggled to get all the food to fit in my already crowded fridge, and then went to work on tearing open our gifts! Fun times! Mandy stayed to chat for awhile and finally left Chase and I to fall exhausted into bed at 10PM.

A 10 hour party. Not bad considering! It was an awesome day, although it had little to do with "engagement." We had planned on finalizing our bridal party with the last few members, but that didn't happen. I also completely neglected to pull out the information on the rehersal dinner food for Brandi and Al to look at. Oh well! I guess we'll have another party -- haha!

0 Comments: