Monday, December 7, 2009

2009

2009!!!

I've filled out this survey for the last few years...This would be my 6th one.


The years gone by...

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Left the United States, went through a set of emotions I've never felt before, became a SUV Mommy, took my son to preschool, got married (although one could argue that happened in 2008 as well), didn't advertise my photography business and am still having a crazy Christmas season!

2. Did you keep your New Years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't like New Years resolutions. No one ever keeps them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Kelly had baby Jax in March, and I've seen several other babies because of photography.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Death isn't the only way to lose someone...

5. What countries did you visit?
The Dominican Republic! Whoo hoo! What a wonderful time that was for Chase and I. A much needed vacation for the two of us!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I'd like Chase to get the promotion he wants and deserves. I want my wedding, but that's about it...maybe something else, but I'm not saying what :) <---This was last years answer. I got everything I wanted, although not quite the way I had wanted.


Next year, I want a Wii, but I'm not allowed to have one, so I'll settle for a PS3. I also hope to purchase a new camera. I'd also like to get my Real Estate License and start a career. And I'd like for my Mom to finally get her GED! Another promotion for Chase would be nice...he works so hard!

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
Always a bunch...

January 19th - I sold my beloved Galant.
Feb. 9th - I bought my new beloved Santa Fe.
May 2nd - My wonderful Mom, sister, and best friend threw me an awesome bridal shower.
June 5th - Saw the Plain White T's and got a picture with Tom. Fun!
June 11th-12th - Bachelorette Party with the girls in my life, my 23rd Bday, our rehearsal dinner
June 13th - Our wedding!!!!!
June 14th - 20th - Chase and I honeymooned in Punta Cana!
August 1st - 8th - Spent a fun week @ Lake Ozarks with Chase's family
August 3rd - My world started to crumble
August 9th - The peak of the crumbling.
Sept. 26th - Chase's 24th Bday. We had a great night together!
October 5th - Hunter's first day of school!
Nov. 1st - Hunter's third birthday! So much fun for him!


Wow, that's a lot!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finding my strength. And my Christmas cards. I love my Christmas cards. :)

I guess I should also say not advertising my photography and still booking session after session this winter.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My back still hurt through the first part of the year, but, physical therapy has helped tremendously.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Uhm...my black peacoat for $8. Or my new coat that I love! Or Hunter's birthday presents, lol. OOOOOOO, our blackberries! I love my phone!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My parents for always being by my side no matter what happens to me, for always supporting me, and for always loving me, Chase for putting up with my emotionalism and continuing to love me unconditionally, Hunter for being a crazy, energetic, and happy little boy. Mandy for being the best maid of honor in the world, and my sister's for being wonderful bridesmaids! Hunter's speech teacher, Lauri, for helping Nutty start talking, and Josh McDaniels who is turning the Broncos around.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Does it even matter?

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Plain White T's, Our wedding and honeymoon, Hunter's birthday, Black Friday and I'm excited for Christmas.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"Lucky" cuz it was our wedding song. We tried to dance to it the other night, but we had forgotten most of it...but I was drunk, so perhaps I'll try it sober.
"1-2-3-4" Because Chase and I sing and text that song to each other a lot.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I'm not sure. I'm very happy, and so blessed...but life took turns this year that were unexpected and I continue to feel sadness.

ii. thinner or fatter?
Sameish.

iii. richer or poorer?
Richer although it certainly doesn't seem like it.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I'm not sure.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Cleaning, wedding crafts, Gingerbread house making.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas Eve we will be with Chase's Mom, Christmas morning by ourselves eating crepes, Christmas afternoon at my Parent's house with my whole family (minus Dawn :(). New Years Eve will be spent with Chase's Dad's family.

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
It never ceases to amaze me that love continually grows.

23. How many one night stands?
none

24. What was your favorite TV program(s)?
One Tree Hill, American Idol, House, The Hills,The City, Dr Phil, GLEE, The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders < -- Guilty Pleasure.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope.

26. What was the best book you read?
Uhm, Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult...I think. I read a lot of good books this year.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't know that I had one this year.

28. What did you want and get?
A wedding, A honeymoon, A Blackberry, a new car

29. What did you want and not get?
There's a reason for everything


30. What was your favorite film of this year?
NOT NEW MOON! My Sisters Keeper, or 2012 (which was way too stressful) or Harry Potter 6

31. What did you do on your birthday?
I slept in, then got up and did last minute wedding stuff. Chase came home from golfing and we did more last minute wedding stuff together. Then, we went to my parent's house, got dressed and ready for the rehearsal dinner, and then had an amazing rehearsal dinner with our friends and family.

32. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Those who know already know.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Jeans and tshirts. And my robe. And Chase's slippers.

34. What kept you sane?
Chase (although he also drives me insane), baths, reading, sleeping, shopping.

35. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
Josh McDaniels?

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ugh.

37. Who did you miss?
My sister. Arizona.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Becky. She keeps me sane as well.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Sometimes you have to fall down in order to find your strength.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Life's a dance, you learn as you go. Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow. It don't matter what you don't know, life's a dance, you learn as you go.



0 Comments: